Our origins    
 
 

In 1908 Don Juan Lagos Mármol was appointed by the Minister of Internal Affairs to investigate claims made by the settlers of Catan-Lil, a small town located in the province of Neuquén, 300 km southwest of Ea Río Quillén. Obeying orders, he traveled by train to Neuquén and from there on horseback the rest of the way. After riding for a whole week he finally reached the town. While working on the investigation, he met Don Alejandro Arze, a local landowner, who mentioned the possibility of renting two private properties of 20.000 hectares each. Don Juan fell in love with the land and its people and decided to go ahead with the rental. After a few years, he finally decided to buy the land and build what Ea Río Quillén is today, a paradise on earth.

 
 
Design by nook